Changing/Cancelling your Policy

Please click on a question below to reveal the answer.

It is essential that you notify us of any changes to your circumstances or if you change your bike, as soon as possible. Failure to do so could invalidate your insurance and result in any claim not being paid. You can update your policy anytime in our Customer Portal.

Please note: changes to your policy will incur an administration fee of £20 if you make the change yourself in the Customer Portal. The fee will be £40 if you call us to make the change. Your premium may also be adjusted.

If you would like to cancel your policy please click here.

For more information on cancelling your policy, please refer to our Terms of Business.

You can cancel your policy if your bike is off the road, but you are likely to be subject to a cancellation fee. You will not be able to claim a refund for the proportion of your policy which you have already used (Time on Risk), while any add–ons you have selected are non-refundable.

You should inform the DVLA that your bike is off the road. This is known as SORN (Statutory Off-Road Notification). If you fail to notify the DVLA, you must ensure your vehicle is taxed and insured even if it is off the road, or you'll automatically be fined £80 by the DVLA.

It is important to note that while the bike is under the SORN you will be uninsured, so in the event of theft of your bike, or damage in a fire you will not be covered – since most standard home insurance policies will not cover motor vehicles.

Motorcycle Direct do offer access to specialist SORN policies, which cover you while your bike is off the road – please click here for details.